30 September 2015

Rodarte.

The only show I anticipate with fervour at NYFW is Rodarte. I know I'll either passionately love it or utterly despise it and both make for the most vehement of posts from me. You'll be glad to hear that I thoroughly enjoyed the latest contribution from the Mulleavy sisters.

It was definitely a collection that appreciated the need for a good jacket. Leather jackets, long-line boyfriend blazers, belted trenches, double-breasted silk pea coats and even a denim jacket thrown in for good measure. I'd quite like to get my hands on that blush pink boyfriend blazer with the rolled sleeves please, mmm. I felt like some of it was an ode to Rick Owens at times, but never derivative. This collection was upper-class grunge at its best. However, no appreciation for the 3/4 length leggings. And that model with the orange & green hair has to go.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh god, I have ALL OF THE APPRECIATION for the 3/4 length leggings. I wear them all the freakin' time (albeit not Rodarte ones). The Rodarte collection was a nice summary of how I feel about right now; very zeitgeist-y.