27 September 2015

Oscar de la Renta.

Oscar de la Renta was sublime. As usual, one might say but look a little closer. I know you can see it too, everyone in fashion was keeping a close eye for any tell-tale Galliano touches. Drop waists, effortlessly draped necklines on those delicious jackets, oversized, exaggerated hip lines, the smoky eye make-up, those kooky hats, finger curls! He's there, hidden in plain view. Oh sure, Snr de la Renta was omnipresent as always, that's undeniable. But you find me a fashion person who wasn't excited by the prospect of Galliano's return, even if it was a mere 3-week residence.

Now I should say, Galliano did have a massive public meltdown, what he did was inexcusable and vitriolic. The man was my hero and to see him take such a public fall from grace was devastating and heart breaking. But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see him, perhaps one day after an extensive public apology, make a return to fashion. & let's be honest, you just know there are even more disturbing things occurring in the fashion industry being covered up by enablers and publicists. People in glass houses...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Diane Kruger for the pink dress! (Assuming, obviously, there are no upcoming award ceremonies I'm invited to where I can wear it myself)