29 September 2015

Reem Acra.

Reem Acra wasn't anything that deviated too much from the same old thing we see at NYFW around this time every year. Moody palettes, lots of lace and furs seem to be as much of a staple in Fall/Winter collections as pastels and florals are for Spring/Summer. Ground-breaking, I know.

But I decided there needed to be a little appreciation for the brave fabric choice that was woven throughout this collection. Fishnet. I know what you're thinking; strictly 80's, trashy, slutty, ew. Look, though! The beautiful Ms Acra has somehow managed to create some incredibly refined pieces with this much dreaded fabric. My favourite was the almost sheer evening dress with a slight cowl neck and matching evening gloves. Divine! I mean it wasn't trail blazing stuff but you can't admit it isn't quite beautiful.

No comments: