25 September 2015

Elizabeth & James.

You don't need to trail through my archive to know how much I am infatuated by Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen. I adore those damn twins and have followed their foray into fashion from the days when they made side zipped jeans and Balenciaga bags popular. Nobody can deny those girls are not only achingly stylish but understand good tailoring and craftsmanship. I dream of the day when I can afford their $25,000 crocodile bags but until then, I'll continue to salivate over The Row. Elizabeth & James, not so much.

I feel like the girls have reached some kind of plateau in their current style. Effortless chic has become a mish mash of horrifying clashes, loafers with tracksuit bottoms and trainers with dresses? I'm sorry girls, you've pushed even the most hardcore of your fans to the limit, and this Elizabeth & James collection is not exempt from my berating. There's no cohesion, no stand out pieces and a sincere lack of styling. I never thought I'd say this, but girls just don't want to be Olsens anymore.

No comments: