26 June 2009

il mio idolo.

"I'm obsessed with image. It's true, clothes are like a disease for me. I collect them, maybe I'll wear them just once but I have to own them. I have 4000 pair of shoes. My entire house is a closet, I even invaded part of the kitchen and the basement . When you enter my house is like going into Barneys because everything is tagged and enveloped in a maniacal way. My true weakness is jewelery because I think that it makes a difference in an outfit. And since I come from the south of Italy when I was a little kid I used to look upon Barese women and I wanted to wear jewelery like them."

i've seen and have been collecting photos of this amazing woman for a while now, but until i read 'Alla corte di Re Moda' by Fedi and Serlenga, i had a very vague idea about who she was. it seems like she's lead such an elaborately luxurious life, and i could not stop reading this book once i started. she wears pieces that noone else would even contemplate wearing due to their sheer grandeur. her penchant for a little balmain does not go unnoticed either, donning that jacket in a way not even beyonce could compete with. and also, she says she has 4,000 pairs of shoes, which makes her my ultimate icon.

No comments: