5 June 2009

futuro.


i've finally, finally got a vision for my future. a few weeks back, i was literally so confused about how i was going to ever get into the field i want without putting my life into complete and utter disarray. not to bore too much with the details, but the marketing course i'm doing is very broad, but it just does not have enough focus on the fashion retail industry for me to include it as experience and to help shoe horn me into fashion buying and merchandising.

not wanting to leave and start from scratch, i concluded that the best way to get around it, is simply, to take a year out before my honours year. i'm definitely going to undertake one of the LCF's short courses in Fashion & Merchandising, and i'm planning on contacting loads of retailers to see if any of them have the guts to hire me as an intern. for so long, i spent worrying about this, and now the answer seems so obvious :).

anyway, i blame it all on scotland for having vv limited fashion courses available that don't involve literal fashion design. best get saving...

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

had the same problem years ago, now i'm doing textile and fashion design management at heriot watt. little did i know that the campus was in galashiels... good luck with lcf, they never let me in. bastards

xx