15 September 2011

Rodarte.

I bet you thought you were in the clear, not having moaned or exuded squeals of excitement about Rodarte yet. Alas that is not to be, the Mulleavy sisters are, as you well know, always the top of my NYFW list. I'm not going to lie & I'm going to be very brutal here; I hated it. Nothing but the sweaters and the overuse of bunched-up fabric screamed Rodarte to me, I would never have known it was them had I to guess. They took Van Gogh so literally it looks like a Higher Art collection. I mean, just examine that Starry Night Dress, they've basically taken an exquisite painting and vomited it all over some fabric, bunched it up and sent it on the runway. I'm truly mortified by this collection, can you tell?

It did have some redeeming features though. The colour progression ensures that, at the very least, this collection did flow and the pieces seemed to gel. & the maxi length Sunflower dress is divine, I'd love to see it on Chloe Sevigny.

No comments: