15 September 2011

Prabal Gurang.

Prabal Gurang is fast becoming one of my favourite designers. I mean sure, some of the concepts in this collection you could accuse of being a little derivative, but I see it more as an ode to McQueen. The prints are similar but the ideas are innovative. I don't quite have the vocab to explain how amazing this show really was, the palette blew my mind. Again, I'm loving the use of silk shorts & trousers which seem to be a key theme weaving through NYFW and I'm happy to report no sighting of a peplum. Peplums, really? I think they are visually revolting and the only figure they compliment is the sickly models they adorn. I hope this trend doesn't spill onto the London, Paris & Milan catwalks, or god forbid, the High St. I'm not sure I could handle the sight of a fat-laden girl increasing the bandwith of her hips with an unsuitable peplum dress walking down Buchanan St on a Friday night. Truly disgusting. Anyway, much love for Prabal!

No comments: