20 September 2011

holly fulton.


I never really spent a lot of my time on Holly Fulton before, but the description on style.com had me before I'd even seen it;

"the idea of a woman who blows her vacation budget on clothes, and so instead of heading to Saint-Tropez, goes to the tacky English resort town of Margate."

However, despite the styling & the Versace hair, I thought this was a beautiful collection! I'm a bit of a proverbial sucker for bad taste, done well. The coral motifs were so intricate though understated, and the variety of prints she used was extraordinary. The 60's & 70's vibe this collection had was also invigorating, I always enjoy seeing a designer put a new spin on over-used eras. I really think this collection could thrust Holly Fulton into the spotlight a little more.

No comments: